Technical Project Manager
We are seeking to hire Technical Project Manager , someone who has foundational, working knowledge of technical practices – ideally having some hands-on experience prior to becoming a PM. That experience could be either in infrastructure/operations or application development
Responsible for exceeding client expectations through superior implementation, delivery and management of technology projects and solution designs. We are looking for self-starters who can work in a changing environment, tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. The ideal candidate would excel in building relationships that result in a highly functioning team composed of client resources and offshore developers.
- Experience leading Cloud Migration projects in Azure, experience with infrastructure and application migrations a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Technologies
- Assessing and introducing new technologies and methodologies
- Maintain contact and communication with all project team members and other participants to ensure conformance with requirements of each project(s) and client user expectations.
- Implement strong program management practices (change requests, issue management, risk management and decision tracking) and contribute to standard client implementation methodologies and project management best practices
- Assist in the development of necessary business requirements and facilitate the iterative development process to successfully meet current and future client business needs
- Meets client commitments on-time and provides high-quality client-centric service
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Develop and effectively execute comprehensive project plans to achieve both client and ThoughtFocus objectives
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers, staying informed of relevant trends, and identifying alignment with ThoughtFocus strategic initiatives
Responsibilities / Experience:
We're looking for someone bringing his or her experience working in an Agile environment and leading/deputizing Scrum Teams. The ideal candidate would possess:
- Project leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Professional client presence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of information
- Effective decision making/problem solving skills, using sound logical judgment
- Ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers (internal and external)
- Energetic and positive attitude, highly motivated, recognized by others as a self-starter
- Strong technical knowledge of modern web application development, preferably in a Microsoft environment
- Good knowledge of ASP.Net Web API, Entity Framework and SQL Server
- Working knowledge of building a progressive, integrated, mobile application
- Experience with source code control and writing unit tests
- Experience aligning the goals of project stakeholders with the requirements and technical deliverables of the project
- Ability to see the big picture, to help guide and inspire others, and to ship highly effective software
- Ability to think ahead in order to prioritize and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, resources and cross-project dependencies.
C#.NET | Entity Framework | MVC | AngularJS, Angular 8 | React | TypeScript | Sass | Grunt | SQL Server | Azure | Azure DevOps | Visual Studio | JIRA | TFS | and more
About ThoughtFocus - USA:
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure.We have 1,300+ employees globally and are growing rapidly across all office locations. In the US, ThoughtFocus has facilities in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas. As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships. ThoughtFocus was founded in 2004 and continues to be an employee-owned company with a minority investment from the Blackstone Group.
ThoughtFocus is a global company that brings together skilled professionals from many diverse industries and experiences. Within a broad framework of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, we encourage our associates to achieve and excel in ways they may never have imagined for themselves. Solving complicated client problems requires great people. ThoughtFocus is a firm built on the talent of its people. We work hard every day to nurture and expand the capabilities of our team members. As a member of the ThoughtFocus team you will be challenged every day to deliver innovative business solutions, elegant technology, and sophisticated business services focused on our client’s end goals.
ThoughtFocus adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.