Technical Lead (.Net)
We are looking to hire a strong Technical Lead. This would be based out of Brookfield, WI and would be a Fulltime opportunity with us.
Responsible for technical alignment of the delivery team and the superior quality of all artifacts delivered to the client. This person will focus on solution design and establish a common technical vision for the delivery of project requirements. We are looking for self-starters who can work in a changing environment, tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. The ideal candidate would blend strong leadership, architecture and development skills resulting in a highly functional team composed of client resources and offshore developers.
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code with documentation
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Follow the Project Defined Process, Organizational Standards and Policies
- Write progress reports and deliver presentations to the relevant stakeholders
- Interact with team, peer review, fix peer reported issues
- Design, develop, unit test and release high quality code for new and existing products/applications
- Participate actively in design, code, and quality reviews
- Participate actively as a member of a scrum team including story creation, estimation, planning, sprint review demonstrations, and retrospectives
- Identify risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible
- Adhere to the complete software development processes, design, coding, test automation, and release management standards, guidelines and processes; suggest and implement improvements
- Motivate team and create a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
Responsibilities / Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience developing applications in C# or similar
- Minimum 5 years professional experience writing high performance SQL queries
- Experience with Angular JS, ReactJS or similar modern frontend web application frameworks
- Solid understanding of .NET 4.5 and above, ASP.net, .NET Core, MVC 4 / 5, WCF, WebAPI, WPF
- Strong understanding on Domain Driven Design and object-oriented programming
- Web application debugging, tracing, and performance testing Tools of the trade: Visual Studio 2013 or later, SQL Server 2012 or later, source control
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL
- Experience in Azure Functions
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience in Microservices
- Experience in Serverless Functions / Microservices
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill of writing clean, readable, commented and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests (Nunit)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, TFS, etc.
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and Continuous Deployment (Sonar Qube, Jenkins, etc.)
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities
- Willingness to build professional relationships with offshore team and clients
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
About ThoughtFocus - USA:
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure.We have 1,300+ employees globally and are growing rapidly across all office locations. In the US, ThoughtFocus has facilities in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas. As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships. ThoughtFocus was founded in 2004 and continues to be an employee-owned company with a minority investment from the Blackstone Group.
ThoughtFocus is a global company that brings together skilled professionals from many diverse industries and experiences. Within a broad framework of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, we encourage our associates to achieve and excel in ways they may never have imagined for themselves. Solving complicated client problems requires great people. ThoughtFocus is a firm built on the talent of its people. We work hard every day to nurture and expand the capabilities of our team members. As a member of the ThoughtFocus team you will be challenged every day to deliver innovative business solutions, elegant technology, and sophisticated business services focused on our client’s end goals.
ThoughtFocus adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.