Application Support Engineer
ThoughtFocus, is seeking an Application Support Engineer for Technology Team at the Centre of Excellence in Gurgaon.
Manage and provide support for clustered MSSQL databases:
- Write functions to contribute to our SQL health check (Powershell/SQL)
- Manage our SQL monitoring solution
- Migrations, disaster recovery, log shipping, replication, mirroring, SSAS/SSRS/SSIS
Monitor and respond in a timely fashion to incoming tickets/requests:
- Responsible for triage, short-term and long-term solutions
- Ensure requests are in-line with team best practices
- Tickets include: Configuration, permissioning, break/fix, and deployments
MSSQL, Windows/Linux, MS Failover Clustering, ActiveBatch, Active Directory
Responsible for proactive monitoring of systems and infrastructure:
- Monitor health checks and implement fixes
- Respond to SQL server alerts
- Ensure best practices are followed as set forth by the team.
- Deploy change requests after being reviewed by the Change Advisory Board and provide technical feedback on implementation.
- Provide mission-critical support by troubleshooting, managing, and solving incidents around 3rd party and in-house .NET applications.
- Responsible for following up on ActiveBatch task failures and ensuring its owners fix the issue permanently.
- Ensure proper disaster recovery practices
- Candidate must be a B.Tech/BCA/MCA/BSc (any discipline)/BE (any discipline)/Graduate, with experience in technology
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills required
- Experience supporting a large (500+ node), 24x7 Production environment
- 2 or more years administering, developing, and tuning Production SQL Server 2008/2012 instances
- 2 or more years troubleshooting Production applications
- Strong knowledge of SQL 2012/Windows 2008 R2+ in a clustered environment
- Familiar with scripting or development (Powershell, Python, Perl, C#, or other object-oriented languages)
- Attention to detail and strong documentation skills is a must via creating and maintaining run books, documentations and/or wiki pages for all projects
- Deep troubleshooting skills to resolve various types of outages/performance issues within different applications and work towards a permanent resolution
- Ability to review application SQL code and provide application developers with performance recommendations
- Strong knowledge of different replication models, clustering, log shipping, and database mirroring
- Be able to dig deep into outages and define root cause of the issue.
- Experience in Banking or Finance Domain
- Working experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) & SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in working on JIRA and Confluence
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure
We have 1,300+ employees globally and are growing rapidly across all its offices. In the US ThoughtFocus has offices in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas. As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships.
The global team at ThoughtFocus is a diverse mix of people from different countries, backgrounds and areas of expertise. Working at ThoughtFocus requires you to be comfortable in a high-energy environment where collaboration is the norm, not the exception. We expect our employees to be self-starters who constantly look for opportunities to grow their own skills and improve the company. If you have the ability to excel in a fast moving global company, ThoughtFocus is the place for you. Within a broad framework of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, we encourage our associates to achieve and excel in ways they may never have imagined for themselves. We value outstanding performance and provide our associates with well-defined career paths. Further information is available at www.thoughtfocus.com.