Service Desk Support Analyst
ThoughtFocus, is seeking an Analyst for the Service Desk team at the Centre of Excellence in Gurgaon.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- 1st and 2nd Line support – trouble shooting of IT Related problems
- Log calls in Service Desk , Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue
- Escalate unresolved issues to the infrastructure support team.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting a Windows 7, Office 2010, Exchange 2010 environment
- Dealing with remote access issues involving VPN, and Citrix.
- Provide basic in-house training in MS Office applications used within the Organization (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Imaging / Deploying new / replacement support laptops and desktop equipment.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Basic Active Directory Knowledge, Creating User Accounts, Reset Passwords, Create Groups
- Candidate must be a B.Tech/BCA/MCA/BSc (any discipline)/BE (any discipline)/Graduate, with experience in Information Technology related Processes
- 2-5 years of experience in the Information Technology industry with knowledge of basic computer hardware
- ITIL qualification preferable but not essential
- Willing to work in Shifts
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2010.
- Experience with using outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing and delegation.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills, multitask and deliver under tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail, excellent customer service and strong documentation skills
- Nature of business requires the candidate to be flexible to work in designated shift hours.
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure
We have 1,300+ employees globally and are growing rapidly across all its offices. In the US ThoughtFocus has offices in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas. As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships.
The global team at ThoughtFocus is a diverse mix of people from different countries, backgrounds and areas of expertise. Working at ThoughtFocus requires you to be comfortable in a high-energy environment where collaboration is the norm, not the exception. We expect our employees to be self-starters who constantly look for opportunities to grow their own skills and improve the company. If you have the ability to excel in a fast moving global company, ThoughtFocus is the place for you. Within a broad framework of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, we encourage our associates to achieve and excel in ways they may never have imagined for themselves. We value outstanding performance and provide our associates with well-defined career paths. Further information is available at www.thoughtfocus.com.