Senior Systems Engineer
ThoughtFocus is a mid-sized, US based technology company serving clients in Manufacturing, Financial Services, Higher Education and Aerospace. We develop innovative solutions in product/application engineering, knowledge process outsourcing, and digital transformation.
With over 1,900 employees and a global presence across 4 countries, ThoughtFocus is one of the fastest growing technology companies.
ThoughtFocus is committed to nurturing strong partnerships, both with its clients and employees. Founded in 2004, ThoughtFocus continues to be an employee owned company with a minority investment from the Blackstone Group, a leading private equity firm.
· 6+ years’ Linux server administration experience including but not limited to:
o Strong understanding of Linux patch/package management
o Strong understanding of File System Technologies including (NFS, GlusterFS, AutoFS, Samba, CIFS)
o Strong understanding of OS performance tuning
o Strong understanding of rsync
o Strong understanding of using OS tools to diagnose hardware issues
o Shell scripting
6+ years’ Storage/Network experience from Linux/UNIX perspective
o Ability to troubleshoot SAN issues
o Ability to troubleshoot iSCSI.
o Ability to troubleshoot networking issues
· 1-3 years’ experience in centralized authentication services, e.g., Powerbroker preferred
· 1-3 years’ experience working with containers is a must. Docker preferred.
· 1-3 years’ experience in Automation tools, e.g., Puppet/Ansible, preferred
· 2-3 years’ VMWare ESXi preferred. Candidates lacking experience in this area will be expected to learn these technologies quickly and apply their knowledge to client environments.
· Must be a self-starter, able to work through issues from start to finish with little assistance, reporting on the root cause, providing recommendations for resolution.
· Should have previous hands-on Linux server experience and must be comfortable with taking escalations on advanced server issues from the rest of the support organization.
· On-call is required as a part of this role and expected to be available when necessary to take escalations from systems engineers and team leads.
· Must be flexible to work long days or weekends when necessary for client implementations, systems upgrades, or other projects.
· Expected to work as part of a team, not on an island, and be openly collaborative when working through issues with other team members so they can address issues during future occurrences.
· Should be comfortable speaking to clients regarding their technology needs and making recommendations
· Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and perform root cause analysis
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues promptly.
· Ability to work from a ticketing system and provide quality updates to clients and teams.
· Ability to document all work completed and train support staff on client systems.
Life’s On @ ThoughtFocus:
ThoughtFocus is a global organisation where experts from diverse industries work together to achieve a common mission – To deliver delightful experiences and exceptional results for our customers and employees.
Our people are encouraged every day to push the boundaries of excellence for themselves and their customers. They thrive in an environment where innovative business solutions, elegant technology and passion for customers is the way of life. We’re powered by our people and work very hard towards helping them achieve their professional goals and aspirations.
If your aspirations match with what we have to offer, write to us on Jobs@thoughtfocus.com with your latest resume.Perks:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive leave policy so you get time off, when you need it
- Health coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working options because we understand that your personal life is equally important
- A flexible benefits plan with a bouquet of components you can choose from based on your needs
- Team and company outings as we all need a little break from routine
ThoughtFocus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.